Study Business Administration in Germany
Business schools in Germany are known for being some of the most prestigious in the world. Germany has recently revolutionised its education system, getting up-to-date with the newest and most innovative teaching methods and techniques, hiring well-known professors from all around the world to teach their field of expertise. Getting a business degree in Germany could be one of the smartest decisions you will ever make in your life and career.
In a recent survey, Germany business school graduates rated the extent to which the development of problem-solving and analytical skills was supported in the course. Promotion of research competence is on call for teaching students how to conduct research independently during and after their studies. Students assessed amongst other things the breadth of content, the international orientation and the interdisciplinary relevance within the teaching. Graduates rated overall how well prepared they felt they were for their working lives with the qualifications they received from the university.
In addition to this, there are also subject-specific criteria e.g. language training and the courses offered in the target language in the areas of English Studies/American Studies and Romance Studies, the program of field trips for history students and the quality of methodology training for psychology students. Graduates rated overall how well prepared they felt they were for their working lives with the qualifications they received from the university.
1. Why study Business Administration in Germany?
- Committed Professors
- Participation in future-oriented research programs
- Practice-oriented teaching by renowned guest lecturers from the business community
- Intense exchange between academia and practice
- Optimal study conditions: state-ofthe-art equipment in auditoriums, libraries and the PC pool
- Practice-oriented studies through close cooperation with leading enterprises
- Provision of jobs and internships though our proprietary career center.
Universities in Germany
Germany has some of the best business schools in the world. There are several top ranked universities in Germany offering business education to international students. Most of the programs offered in bachelor degree are German taught programs. Some of the top ranked public universities for studying Business Administration/Management are as follows:
Top-Rated Universities for studying Business Administration in Germany
- University of Mannheim
- LMU Munich
- University of Bonn
- TU Munich
- TU Berlin
- University of Bayreuth
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Hamburg
- University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Goethe University Frankfurt am Main
Tuition fees in Gerrmany
There are no study or tuition fees for studying Business Administration and or related subjects at most state universities in Germany. What you pay for studying is the semester contribution only which is 200-300 Euros per semester. Universities in the state of Baden Wurttemberg charge a tuition fees of 1500 Euros per semester to non-EU students.
Living cost for International Students in Germany
Given a very high standard of living in Germany, an international student will need 700-800 Euros per month for his living cost during studies.
Part time jobs in Germany
International students are allowed to work part time 120 full days or 240 half days per calendar year which roughly translates to 20 hours per week. Most students with good German language proficiency easily make their ends meet working part time.
- There are two intakes in Germany, mainly September and March Intake.
- The deadline for September intake is around April/May.
- The deadline for March intake is around October/November.
- Students applying for the foundation course have to apply earlier because the entrance test is usually in January for March intake and in June/July for September intake.
Programs on Offer
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Economics and Finance
- International Business
- International Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Retail Management
- Business Psychology
- Economics and Business Administration
- International Business and Management
- International Management
- International Management and Marketing and many more..
The entry requirements for studying German taught Bachelor degree in business administration and or related subjects are as follows:
- At least GPA 3.0 in SEE Examination
- At least GPA 2.6 in 10+2 or equivalent studies.
- Gap no more than 2 years
- German language proficiency at B1 level
These are general entry requirements only and can vary from program to program or university to university.
Studienkolleg- Pathway to your Bachelor degree
Students who have completed their 12 years of schooling must complete a one year preparatory course at the so called Studienkolleg, the requirements of which is at least Zertifikat B1 in most cases, followed by an examination known as Aufnamheprufung. The preparatory course lasts for one year and ends with an examination known as Assessment test.
Students who have completed A-levels, must have passed English language and literature subject examination. The General Paper is not considered as a language component. If a student has passed English language and literatute in addition to other required subjects, he or she can study Bachelor degree in Business administration. For studying German taught Bachelor program, the student must pass B1 level examination in Nepal followed by another 4-6 months of German language training leading to C1 or TestDaF 4 or DSH-2.
How can I study Business Administration in Germany?
- Enrol in our online/Face to face German course and learn German up to B1 level followed by Zertifikat B1 examination.
- Upon having passed B1 examination, submit the documents required for university application.
- Upon arrival of the admission letter, apply for your visa.
- Apply for blocked account opening and No Objection letter.
- Transfer the living cost of your first year (10500 Euros) to your blocked account.
- Get your Travel insurance and collect your visa from the German Embassy.
- Plan your travel to Germany.
- Take your entrance test for the foundation course and start your foundation course studies in Germany.
- In case you cannot clear the entrance test, enrol in German language course in Germany and retake the entrance test for the foundation course after 3-4 months.
- Complete your foundation course studies followed by studies in Business administration and or related subjects at the university of your choice.
How much does it cost to study in Germany?
There are no tuition fees for studying Business Administration and or related subjects at most universities in Germany, however you must be able to manage your living cost on your own. An overall initial budget of 17-18 lakhs NPR including the first year living cost 10500 Euros in form of blocked account is usually required.
Can I stay in Germany after the completion of my studies?
International students who complete their studies in German are offered 18 months job search visa upon the completion of their studies. Upon the completion of studies, if you find a job related to your studies, you are eligible for EU Blue card which allows you to stay and work in Germany for as long as you want. Alternately, you can also apply for studying Master and later look for a job in Germany. It is possible for you to later on apply for German citizenship after having stayed in Germany for a certain number of years and meeting certain criteria.
How can I start my preparation for studies in Germany?
The best way to start your preparation for studying in Germany is to get enrolled in our German language course starting every fortnight. If you have just completed your 10+2 examination and are waiting for your results, this is the ideal time to join our online German courses and acheive B1 level of German till your results are out followed by university and visa application process without having to loose time.
Intensive German courses Online
Enrolment in Intensive German courses (now offered in Online format due to the pandemic caused by COVID-19) at Edupark is the best way to prepare for your higher studies in Germany. Our Online German courses start every fortnight so that you do not have to wait long before you can join a German course.
Upcoming Online German Courses
- 25th November 2020
- 7th December 2020
- 21st December 2020
Ready for Next Steps?
1. Get all the information about studying in Germany
Schedule an Appointment for an in person or Online Counseling Session