There are no tuition fees at most German Universities but students must take into account the living cost required during studying in Germany.
A student must take in account the following expenses that will be required while processing for Germany.
- Language Course fees: NRs 11300 (Cost of Books and Materials & 13% VAT included) per level plus Examination fees
- No Objection Letter: NRs 2000 (for the transfer of funds)
- Living cost of one year: 8800 Euros (one year living expenses and must be deposited in your blocked acccount before visa appliction submission)
- Visa Fees: 60 Euros at the moment for category D ( student visa application)
- Health Insurance: 70 US Dollars + 13% VAT (required after approval of visa)
- Plane fare: 45000-55000 NRs (can vary from airline to airline)
- Initial Settlement Expenses: ca. 1500 Euros (This amount must be carried for the initial settlement expenses because immediately upon arrival, you will need to pay for your rent and rent deposit, tuition fees if required and others till your blocked account gets activated)
Important note regarding Blocked Account for Student Visa
All students applying for student visa except scholarship holders must open up a blocked account at Deutsch Bank and transfer 8800 EUR to their account for the first year of their living expenses. It is important to note that students are not allowed to withdraw more than 720 EUR per month. So students should make a realistic calculation of their finances before applying for Germany.