Understanding your preparation
Most students who take the IELTS examination prepare for the test in advance for around a month or two before they take the test. Whether you need to prepare for a month or two months or a week will depend upon your English proficiency.
There are a few things that you need to understand before you plan your preparation or randomly book an IELTS test which can ultimately improve your scores.
- If you believe your English proficiency is very low, it is important that you take a month or two of English language courses before you enroll for IELTS preparation classes.
- You may have a very good English proficiency and yet you may not be able to achieve the score you need.
- You may have an average English proficiency and provided that you work really well, you can get the score you need to apply for studying abroad.
- IELTS is just an English proficiency test, you should not be worried but at the same time, this does not mean that you should not prepare well.
- No matter where you prepare for your IELTS examination, the key to preparation is a well-structured IELTS course which contains enough hours for interaction and guided preparation sessions.
- Even if you believe you have very good English proficiency, we still recommend you to prepare very well for the test or else you may get the score but it may not be useful to you as you may not have the required band score in one of the sections.
- Prepare all the sections of the test equally instead of only focusing on your weak areas. Having a band score of 9.0 in listening and 5.5 in writing is not considered a very good score. Instead an overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 is considered to be a much better score and will definitely help you to get into the program of your choice for most bachelor and master programs abroad.
We believe an excellent preparation leading to the required score is very essential if you wish to succeed in applying to the university of your choice abroad. At Edupark we offer one of the finest preparations for your IELTS Examination so that you are able to achieve the score you need for your abroad studies no matter where you want to study.