Overview- Study Biology, Health Sciences & Interdisciplinary Studies in Germany
Germany is not only one of the best countries for studying Engineering and technology studies but also Biology, Health Sciences and Interdisciplinary studies as well. Higher education in Biology, health sciences and interdisciplinary studies in Germany provide ample experience and research opportunities to understand the techniques and explore new methods which has practical applications in research and industry.
Global health issues require adequately trained experts. Organisations operating at an international, European, or global level are becoming increasingly important in all health-related areas. Within Germany, there is a growing need for experts with an international background who can help prepare the institutions of the health system for the developments and requirements that come with globalisation. Increasingly, workplace health promotion affects globally operating companies and thus has to address international requirements.
Germany is one of the leading countries in Europe for studying Biology and Biotechnology focussed programs as there has been a huge surge in biotechnology oriented companies and research institutions. With around around 202 research facilities in Germany, split between universities, colleges and non-academic research institutions. Funding for universities and research institutions is provided through the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (FMER). Though most programs in German universities are offered in the native language of the country, most masters programs in biology, biotechnology, health sciences and interdisciplinary studies are offered in English, to assist transfer and international students with more opportunities for higher education.
Why Study in Germany?
- Germany is a leader in the field of Education
- 4th most popular destination in the world
- No tuition fees for most programs at state universities
- Lower living cost compared to other countries
- World class English taught Master programs in Germany
- State of art, high tech equipment
- Research and collaboration with industry
- 18 months of job search visa upon graduation
- Huge number of jobs available in Germany
English taught Master programs in Biology, Health Sciences & Interdisciplinary Studies
The number of Master degree programs offered at German universities is increasing day by day and more universities plan to offer more programs in future to attract international students in order to maintain a sufficient pool of young talents in the areas of science, technology, engineering and Mathematics. In order to maintain a pool of young and qualified professionals from around the world. No matter what subject you choose to study, you can be assured of the education and training of the highest quality in Germany in your English taught Master degree program.
All study degrees have high academic standards including for research in Natural Sciences and or interdisciplinary studies. Germany has always been at the forefront of cutting-edge research be it in Physical Sciences or Mathematics or Chemical Engineering . German universities and centres of research have always worked closely with companies and industries and developed close symbiotic and strategic relationships. This gives students exciting opportunities to use the skills they learn in Engineering degree courses in real life scenarios to solve real problems.
There are more than 2,500 degree programmes in the areas of Natural Science and Mathematics at German universities, of which 200 are English-language master's degree programmes. You should have the following qualifications if you would like to enrol in a natural-scientific degree programme:
- Analytical Skills
- Logical thinking, curiosity, determination and ability to handle pressure
- Mathematical comprehension
- Strong background in Mathematics
- Ability to collaborate in teams
Programs on Offer
Biology and Related programs
- Animal and Plant Breeding
- Behaviour : Neural Mechanisms to Evolution
- Behavioural Neurobiology
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Sciences
- Cardivascular Science
- Cell and Infection Biology
- Developmental, Neural and Behavioural Biology
- Molecular and Developmental Stem Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Neurocognitive Psychology
- Plant sciences
- Regenerative Biology and Medicine
- Systems Biology and Metabolomics
- Translational Neuroscience
- Physical Biology of cells and Cell Interactions
- Food Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Microbial & plant Biotechnology
- Microbiology, Biotechnology & Biochemistry
- Molecular Bioengineering
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Biological Resources
- Pharmaceutical and Industrial Biotechnology
- Digital Health
- Health Sciences
- Health and Society in South Asia
- Health Economics and Management
- Health Science - Prevention and Health Promotion
- International Health
- International Health Care Management
- International Pharmacoeconomics, Health Economics and Market strategies for Healthcare Products
- Medical Devices and Healthcare Management
- Medical Informatics
- Medical Technology and Health Care Business
- Physical Activity and Health
- Public Health
- Sport and Exercise Sciences for Health and Performance
- Applied Life Sciences
- Biological Resources
- Bioprocess Engienering
- Computational Neuroscience
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Life Sciences
- Medical Biometry/Biostatistics
- Molecular and Computational Biology
- Protein Chemistry
- Medical Immunosciences and Infection
- Life Science Infromatics
- Molecular Bioengineering
and many more...
Please send us email if your choice of program is not mentioned in the above list. We shall do our best to provide you the program of your choice.
Individual programs and universities have their own selection criteria for admission in those programs. However, the basic admission requirements are as follows:
- 70% Marks or CGPA 3.0 in 4 years Bachelor’s degree (at least 2.5 on the German Grade Scale).
- Some universities may accept grades of around 67.5% but that number is very less.
- English proficiency documented by IELTS 6.5 or equivalent in other tests. A few universities may accept IELTS 6.0 for application for English taught Master programs in Germany
- Some work/research experience has added advantage during your application selection process.
- Basic Knowledge of German A1 preferred by most universities.
- Some highly competitive programs may require grades equivalent to 2.0 (on the German Grading Scale) which is roughly 80% marks in Nepal.
- Some universities may require German language proficiency A1/A2 at the time of the application.
- Highly competitive programs may require good score in GRE at the time of application.
How can I study in Germany?
1. Get all the information you need for an informed decision making
- Get FREE assessment of your qualifications to know whether you are eligble to study in Germany or not.
- Schedule an online/in person counseling session
- Receive tailored information based on your qualifications and study options
- Our consultants will provide you the best guidance available based on your qualifications and interests along with the details of costs required for your informed decision making.
2. Submit your Application documents for university Application process
- If you do not have the required IELTS score you are welcome to enrol in our Intensive IELTS preparation followed by submission of university application upon the arrival of your IELTS Test Report form.
- If you already meet the entry requirements, submit your application documents followed by enrollment in our Intensive German language courses for your day to day life and to find some part time jobs during your semester breaks. Students applying for English taught master programs are encouraged to join our Standard German courses in order to prepare themselves for their day to day life in Germany.
- Our consultants will help you choose the program of your interest and explain you the documents required for your university application at this stage once you have decided positively.
3. Pay the required fees
You can pay the required fees if required directly to our bank account or pay online through the online payment platform either using your debit/credit card or e-Sewa account.
4. Receive your admission
Once we have received your university admission, we shall start your preparation for study visa application.
5. Submision of your Visa Application
Schedule an appointment and submit your visa application in person and collect your visa upon the positive decision by the German Embassy.
6. Make necessary Travel Arrangements
Book a flight and inform us of the travel dates so that we can arrange the airport pick up and accommodation for you if required.
7. Enrolment at the university
- Arrive at the university, get enrolled and start your studies in the first semester Master degree studies.
- Start your studies in your chosen program upon enrolment followed by orientation.
Interested in studying in Germany? Get Free Assessment of your Qualifications.