German universities offer excellent programs in Environmental and Ecological Sciences to national and international students alike at more than 200 universities. At most universities, Environmental sciences are a separate faculty and these faculties coordinate with other faculties at the same or different universities to offer interdisciplinary programs.
A student completing an environmental studies program is prepared to work in a variety of fields focusing on solving problems with the environment. These areas include law, education, research, engineering, management and government. A graduate may work as a lobbyist, naturalist, park ranger or environmental engineer. Germany is a great destination for international scholars and has a high-quality higher education system. The value of this level of education has been improved by the Germany's strong economy. Foreign students enjoy excellent living standards in secure and safe surroundings.
The field of environment and ecology includes subjects such as environmental health, environmental monitoring and management, and climate change. The study of the environment and ecology deals with the relationships between living things and the physical world. These are the top universities in Germany for the field of environment and ecology, based on their reputation and research.
Why study in Germany?
- Germany is a leader in the field of Education
- 4th most popular destination in the world
- No tuition fees for most programs at state universities
- Lower living cost compared to other countries
- English taught Master programs
- State of art, high tech equipment
- Research and collaboration with industry
- 18 months of job search visa upon graduation
- Huge number of jobs available in Germany
English taught Master programs in Germany
Germany is one of the top destinations on the list of non-English speaking countries with a large popularity among international students. This is due to the fact that most universities in Germany offer Master's programmes in English specifically dedicated to foreign students. All study degrees have high academic standards including specialisations and research opportunities.
Germany has always been at the forefront of cutting-edge research in environmental sciences. German universities and centres of research have always worked closely with industry and research institutes and have developed close symbiotic and strategic relationships. This gives students exciting opportunities to use the skills they learn at their courses to solve real problems in real life scenarios.
More than 300-degree courses in environmental sciences and ecology offered at German universities address the design of technology to help preserve the environment at the same time addressing environmental issues. Out of 100s of programs offered, you are sure to find one related to your interests for your higher education and career.
- Applied & Environmental Geoscience
- Climate and Environmental Science
- Earth Sciences - Georesources and the Environment
- Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Environmental and Resource Management
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Geography
- Environmental Governance
- Environmental Protection and Agricultural Food Production
- Environmental Science - Soil, Water and Biodiversity
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Toxicology
- Integrated Natural Resource Management
- International Management of Resources & Environment
- International Master in Groundwater Management
- International Nature Conservation
- Landscape Ecology
- Tropical Hydrogeology and Environmental Engineering
- Natural Resources Management and Development
- Physical Geography: Environmental History
- Sustainability Science
- Transnational Ecosystem-Based Water Management
- Water Resources and Environmental Management
Ecology & related subjects
- Aquatic Tropical Ecology
- Biodiversity and Collection Management
- Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution
- Evolution, Ecology and Systematics
- Global Change Ecology
- Global Change Management
- These programs are just a few of the many programs offered by German universities in Master degree in English medium.
- There are many other interesting programs apart from these mentioned here.
- If you could not find the program of your interest, please send an email to us and we shall be happy to help you find the suitable program of your choice.
Individual programs and universities have their own selection criteria for admission in those programs. However, the basic admission requirements are as follows:
- 70% Marks or CGPA 3.0 in 4 years Bachelor’s degree (at least 2.5 on the German Grade Scale).
- A few programs may accept students with 68% in 4 years Bachelor degree from Nepal.
- Some work/research experience has added advantage during your application selection process.
- English proficiency documented at IELTS 6.5 or equivalent tests. A few universities may accept IELTS 6.0 for application for English taught Master programs in Germany.
- Basic Knowledge of German A1 preferred by most universities.
- Some highly competitive programs may require grades equivalent to 2.0 (on the German Grading Scale) which is roughly 80% marks in Nepal.
- Some universities may require German language proficiency A1/A2 at the time of the application.
- Highly competitive programs may require good score in GRE at the time of application.
How can I study in Germany?
1. Get all the information you need for an informed decision making
- Get FREE assessment of your qualifications to know whether you are eligble to study in Germany or not.
- Schedule an online/in person counseling session
- Receive tailored information based on your qualifications and study options
- Our consultants will provide you the best guidance available based on your qualifications and interests along with the details of costs required for your informed decision making.
2. Submit your Application documents for university Application process
- If you do not have the required IELTS score you are welcome to enrol in our Intensive IELTS preparation followed by submission of university application upon the arrival of your IELTS Test Report form.
- If you already meet the entry requirements, submit your application documents followed by enrollment in our Intensive German language courses for your day to day life and to find some part time jobs during your semester breaks. Students applying for English taught master programs are encouraged to join our Standard German courses in order to prepare themselves for their day to day life in Germany.
- Our consultants will help you choose the program of your interest and explain you the documents required for your university application at this stage once you have decided positively.
3. Pay the required fees
You can pay the required fees if required directly to our bank account or pay online through the online payment platform either using your debit/credit card or e-Sewa account.
4. Receive your admission
Once we have received your university admission, we shall start your preparation for study visa application.
5. Submision of your Visa Application
Schedule an appointment and submit your visa application in person and collect your visa upon the positive decision by the German Embassy.
6. Make necessary Travel Arrangements
Book a flight and inform us of the travel dates so that we can arrange the airport pick up and accommodation for you if required.
7. Enrolment at the university
- Arrive at the university, get enrolled and start your studies in the first semester Master degree studies.
- Start your studies in your chosen program upon enrolment followed by orientation.
Interested in studying in Germany? Get Free Assessment of your Qualifications.