Given the current scenario and disruption brought by COVID-19, Edupark offers German language courses Online starting 21st September for A1, A2 and B1 course levels. At the moment, it is not possible to deliver face to face session like normal days. After careful planning and preparation and having taken in account the need of the students, we roll out the Online classes from the third week of September. Below you can find useful information regarding our online classes.
You are requested to go through all the questions and answers before inscription to avoid misunderstandings.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can attend the online classes?
Anyone over the age of 17 years and below 30 years who want to study in Germany or learn German can attend our online classes.
2. I want to be an au pair in Germany. Can I attend the online course?
Yes, you are welcome to register for the online course.
3. I am currently enrolled in Grade XII and yet to take my Grade XII examination. Can I attend the online course?
Yes, you are welcome to join our online course, but please make sure that you manage your time very well so as not to interfere your learning with your Grade XII examination preparation.
4. I am planning to study Master degree in Germany. Is it ok for me to join the course?
Yes, you are welcome to join our online course, however you must be regular in the course to get the most out of it.
5. I want to join my spouse in Germany. Is this course for me?
No, our courses are slightly fast paced and especially targeted to a certain age group who have a common goal of studying in Germany. You may join the course but the course is not designed for you.
1. Which levels are offered?
We offer A1, A2, and B1 levels online.
2. What is the duration of the online classes?
The duration of the online classes will initially be 1.5 hours in the first week and once you are accustomed to the online teaching, it will increase to 2 hours per day.
3. How many days per week are the classes held?
The classes are held 6 days per week from Sunday to Friday.
4. What is the duration of the course per level?
The duration of the course is 8 weeks or 100 hours of online teaching apart from your practice session time and time to complete your assignments.
5. What is the number of participants in a group during the online course?
The maximum number of participants will be limited to 16 per course, however we plan on limiting the number to 10 per group to provide you enough time to ask questions so that you have a great learning experience.
6. When does the new course start?
Our new course starts every fortnight at different timing. The new course dates will be available in the application form for registration.
Software and Technology
1. What software is used for online classes?
1. What software is used for online classes?
We use Zoom meetings, Webex, Google Meet or Adobe connect and Google classroom to deliver online courses. The use of software may vary from instructor to instructor, however all these softwares are easy to use and more or less have the same functions.
2. Will the online classes also include examination preparation?
All our courses are integrated with examination preparation for respective levels. Provided that everything becomes normal, we can offer one week of examination preparation course without extra cost face to face with social distancing upon authority received by the local governing body.
3. Can I learn online using a Smartphone?
It may be possible to learn online using a smartphone but it is not recommended. We recommend you to have a proper laptop connected with a good internet speed to get the best of online classes and for the assignments.
4. What will happen if I miss the online classes?
It is your responsibility to attend the online course timely and not to miss the classes. Please manage accordingly. In severe cases, it may be possible to send you a recorded version of the online session but that will be at the discretion of your instructor who may or may not choose to do so. It is very unlikely that you will be provided with recorded versions.
Switching to Face to Face Session
1. Will it be later possible to switch to the Face to face session once travel restrictions or the COVID-19 cases comes down to an acceptable situation?
Yes, it will be possible to switch to the Face to face sessions once the COVID-19 cases are under control and we are able to offer face to face sessions provided that your online classes are ongoing. For already completed courses, switching to the face to face session is not possible.
1. What is the cost of the course per level?
The cost of our face to face courses are 13560 NPR plus 1750 for books and materials whereas the cost of the online course is NPR 7910 NPR.
2. Are there any discounts on the course fee?
The course fee NRs 7910 is already discounted fee compared to our course fee during normal days. There are no further discounts available.
3. How can I pay the course fee?
You can pay the course fee by bank transfer. You will receive our bank account details, the moment you register for the course.
4. Can I transfer the fees online?
Yes, you may transfer the fees to our bank account online once you have registered.
6. Can I pay the course fees using esewa or Khalti?
These payment gateways are being integrated and will take some time before it can be integrated in the application form.
Refunds and Cancellations
1. Can I cancel the course after the class has started?
It is not possible to cancel the course after the class has started. Hence, we ask you to join our online course if and only if you are determined to learn German properly.
2. Do I get a refund on the course fee if I plan to drop out of the course?
There are no refunds possible if you plan to drop out of the course, however, you can join our face to face course once everything is normal by paying the difference in the course fee between the online and the face to face session.
1. How can I register for the course?
In order to register for the course please complete the following application form. Once you submit the application, you will receive our bank account details immediately and you can deposit the course fees to our bank account either by bank deposit or transfer using other methods. Cheques deposited in our accounts must be realised before we can confirm your place in our course.
2. What happens after I have paid the course fee?
You will receive a confirmation of a place in our course via email once we have received your course fees in addition to regular house rules for our online courses.Register Now